This is the privacy notice of ‘Angela Charles’, owned by Angela Blackwell, nee Charles firstname.lastname@example.org
I respect your privacy and am determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how I look after your personal data when you visit my website, regardless of where you visit it from.
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how I collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to be added to my mailing list or you purchase an artwork.
This website is not intended for children and I do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice I may provide on specific occasions when collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why I am using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Third-party links outside of my control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Personal Data I Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which I have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes First Name, Last Name, Username, Title.
- Contact Data includes Billing Address, Delivery Address, Email Address, Telephone Numbers
- I also may collect, use and shareaggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, I may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if I combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, I treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
I do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do I collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where I need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract I have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract I have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with artworks or related services). In this case, I may have to cancel a product or service you have with me but I will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How I Collect Your Personal Data
I use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
- You may give me your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with me by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you enquire about my artworks (products) or services and / or when you subscribe to my mailing list.
How I Use Your Personal Data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of a Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example when purchasing an artwork)
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of my business in conducting and managing my business to enable me to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. I make sure I consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before I process your personal data for my legitimate interests.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that I am subject to.
Generally I do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or other means. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting me vis the contact details at the top of this document.
I may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what artwork and events (products or services) I think you may want to hear about.
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have requested information from me or purchased goods or services from me or if you provided me with your details when you registered interest in my artwork or events and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
I will not share your personal data with any company outside of ‘Angela Charles’ for marketing purposes
You can ask me to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to me as a result of a product/service purchase.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
Please note that I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who I share your personal data with
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below
- Those who provide additional services to me such as website and IT support and services, printing services, administration and exhibition support. Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK. As well as HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities
All third parties are required to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow ant third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for or until you opt out of marketing. However, by law I have to keep basic information about my customers for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Your Legal Rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have rights with respect to your personal data that I hold, including:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
- The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact me using the contact details at the start of this document.
What I may need from you
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
This document was created 9 June 2022
Queries, requests or concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter please contact me Angela Blackwell email@example.com or 07747100775
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.